Do Design Throughout Your Undergrad Years
The Engineering Design Program is one big reason recruiters are looking to hire UA Engineering students and graduates.
All undergraduates take design courses and complete design projects that parallel real life – from portable solar ovens and water purifiers early on to date palm pollinating drones and data center robotics as seniors.
Most students take the yearlong ENGR 498 design course and participate in the UA Engineering Design Program, which culminates in Design Day.
Sponsor a Design Project!
- Talented and motivated engineering seniors spend the academic year working on your prototypes, to your specifications, and with the results becoming your intellectual property.
- Explore new technologies
- Move products and ideas to market
- Test-drive future employees
- Boost your company’s profile
- Many of our industry partners also mentor senior design teams, serve as judges, and award prizes on Design Day.
- For more information, please visit the UA Engineering Design Program website, email Ara Arabyan or Heather Moore, or call 520.621.3647.
Engineering Design Day
Design Day 2019
To request a transcript or a captioned version of this audio material as a disability-related accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
“It definitely helped us prepare for the workforce. The whole process of senior design is like a little mirror of industry.”Laura Barajas, 2018 materials science and engineering senior
“They’re teaching them to think, not just to turn the crank. I was just awed by the quality of work UA students are doing.”Cliff Andressen, Design Above and Beyond prize sponsor
“They are not afraid to take on and develop complex design solutions and diligently work through the many challenges.”Sharon ONeal, program mentor & first female senior fellow at Raytheon Missile Systems
“It really speaks well of the market and the program here that all these students are finding jobs.”Scott Rowland, industry mentor & Northrop Grumman mechanical engineering manager