Multiple Faculty Openings
Fueled by visionary leadership and resourced for success, the College of Engineering at the University of Arizona is entering an era of unprecedented growth in student enrollment and faculty hires. Thus, the College invites applications for up to 12 tenure-track or tenured positions – assistant, associate and full professors – in multiple departments. Anticipated start date is August 2021. See below for a list of open positions.
This large, diverse and forward-thinking cohort of new faculty is being recruited as part of the University of Arizona’s ambitious strategic plan, including support of transformational growth in the College of Engineering, where student enrollment is expected to increase by 33% over the next six years. The opportunity to contribute to the future of engineering education, research and outreach in Arizona, and beyond, has never been greater.
Specific Areas of Interest for Hires
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (2)
- hypersonic research, with an emphasis on solid mechanics for advanced materials and structures, and related advanced manufacturing. Click here for more information.
- machine learning and artificial intelligence, with an emphasis on control systems and autonomous aerospace and mechanical systems. Click here for more information.
Biomedical Engineering (1 or 2)
- tissue and cellular engineering, integrated biomechanics, soft hybrid systems, synthetic biology, and other areas of biomedical engineering closely connected to biology and physiology. Click here for more information.
Chemical and Environmental Engineering (1)
- atmospheric sciences, with a preference toward atmospheric aerosols, indoor and outdoor air pollution, and climate change. Click here for more information.
Civil and Architectural Engineering (3)
cyber-physical urban engineering systems, sustainable and resilient design and construction, and advanced materials in civil engineering.
- cyber-physical urban engineering systems
- sustainable and resilient design and construction
- advanced materials in civil engineering
Materials Science and Engineering Department Head
- working with leadership, executes a strong vision for the department. Click here for more information.
Systems and Industrial Engineering (2 or 3)
- software assurance, formal methods for complex systems, and model-based systems engineering, including model-driven architecture and engineering. Click here for more information.
- trustworthy artificial intelligence- and machine learning-based systems, human AI interaction, and high-performance computing and optimization. Click here for more information.